A few weekends ago, JP and I went to our first ever Professional Bull Riding (PBR) event. Earlier in the week, I heard the event advertised on the radio. JP's parents have really gotten into PBR and have attending the championships in Las Vegas and play fantasy PBR. As a result of this, JP has been curious about PBR. So, I knew that we needed to check out the PBR tour while they were in Birmingham. It worked out really well, too, because JP's Mom was able to be in town to go with us
I tried to get some good pictures but I don't feel like I was really able to capture the action very well. If you don't know anything about this sport, which I didn't until I went, the goal is for the rider to stay on the bull for eight seconds. If they don't, they don't get any points. This was actually the "minor league" so some of these guys didn't even make it to two seconds!
Overall, it was a fun experience. I think my favorite part, though, was getting to wear a cowboy hat!
No comments:
Post a Comment