Saturday, October 10, 2009

Colorado

My good friend Amanda moved to Fort Collins, Colorado this summer for work. I have never been to Colorado so I wanted to go see her.

Last Saturday I flew from Birmingham to Chicago and then to Denver. After making the hour drive to Fort Collins we stopped for a late dinner at Hu Hot.


Hu Hot is a make your own stir fry place. It was so good and a lot of fun!

Fort Collins is about 45 minutes from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Because neither of us had ever been to Wyoming we had to go!
Lets just say that Cheyenne is not exactly what we were expecting. Now I grew up in Decatur, AL which according to Wikipedia has approximately 55,000 people. I consider this to be small. However, Cheyenne, not only the capital of Wyoming but also the biggest city, has 57,000.
Not only is Cheyenne small but it is FREEZING! In the beginning of October is was 32 degrees. I'm not really sure how to handle that! We walked downtown for a few minutes but these Texas and Alabama girls were not made to handle that kind of temperatures in October!

We headed back to Colorado where it was about 10 degrees warmer (which really can we call 42 degrees warm?)

We ate burgers at Smashburger and went shopping in Old Town Fort Collins. There were a lot of really cute shops!
Amanda's parents came in to town late Saturday night. They live in Dallas but were coming up to Colorado for a ministry they work with so they were going to leave their dogs with Amanda for two weeks.

On Sunday Amanda and I went with her parents to Estes Park. Amanda's chiropractor had said that you can hear the elk bugle at this time of the year. Sure enough, we heard the bugling elk. I must say that I laughed the first time I heard them because it was not what I expected!

Not only did we get to hear the bugling elk but the mountains were so beautiful! It was very cold though. It started snowing while we were there! Yes, that is right... snow in October. That is definitely a new concept for me!


I am so glad I got the chance to visit Colorado (and Wyoming). However, I think I prefer the weather of the south to this snowy October weather of Colorado! Although, 32 degrees in Colorado was much more enjoyable than the bitter 32 degrees of Alabama.

No comments: