On my birthday, August 7, JP's mom and brother (Michael aka Mooks) came into town. Mooks is an awesome photographer. You should check out his website!
Anyway, I was talking to Mooks about photography and cameras. He was showing me some of his new pictures and I was saying how I really want a digital SLR. I was talking about how I'd been looking at them on the internet and was going to start saving money for one.
I mean I probably talked about this for like a hour.
Mooks said, "So I got you a birthday present." He went over to his bag and pulled out a long cylinder wrapped in newspaper. I open it and it is this fancy looking camera lense. I said, "Thanks! I mean I don't have a way to use it right now but maybe someday I will!"
Then JP leaned forward and pulled over to me a bag that I thought was Mook's camera bag. I started to catch on to what it was and I was kinda in shock!
JP got me a Canon Rebel XT for my birthday! Not only that but it came with some awesome lenses and other equipment.
It was one of the coolest surprises ever! I totally did NOT expect it! I think I just kept hugging him and saying thank you over and over.It was perfect timing because I got to use it and learn from the best, Mooks, in NYC.
I'm still learning... I really want to get good at it! Once my classes die down I'll have more time to devote to becoming a great photographer :)
1 comment:
w0w .. what a great present, i'm so jealous. glad to see more blog posts, i always enjoy reading them!!!
Post a Comment