Friday, June 19, 2009

Sweet Friends

I got to spend some time with two good friends that I haven't seen in a really long time!

Blair
Blair is responsible for setting up JP and me. She just got back a week or so ago from Nepal where she was serving the Lord for 4 months. I was so excited that she wanted to come to Birmingham!

We met for lunch Monday at Baha Burger. We then went to Alabama Adventure, where we both got in for free! We enjoyed hanging out in the wave pool talking and riding a few rides. We could not stay long though because I had class :(

JP, Blair, and I enjoyed a relaxing evening at the apartment. JP made hamburgers (i know hamburgers for lunch and dinner!). We all stayed up pretty late talking until it was time to go to bed! Blair was our first overnight apartment guest JP and I have had since we have been married.

Brittany
Brittany is my dear friend from Decatur. We seriously have not hung out since the summer of 2007 before I left for Dallas. I apparently have no pics from then so this pictures is from all the way back in November of 2006!

We have been able to keep up some over the phone but it's not the same as seeing each other. When Brittany told me she was doing an internship in Birmingham this summer, we were both very excited.

Tuesday night we ate at California Pizza Kitchen. We had a lot to talk about since so much has happened in the last... oh... two years!

And of course... as usual, our conversation revolved around boys! The first conversation we remember having was the summer after my senior year of high school on the roof outside of Laurel's bedroom window. It was about boys... We still talk about boys but the conversations are a little bit (ok, a whole lot) different now, and we like it that way!

No comments: