From the last post on March 15 through April 18 our life was consumed completely with work and school. JP was working almost 80 hour weeks with busy season, and I was working on four very time consuming school projects as well as a test thrown in every now and again. Really there was not much worth blogging about during those 28 days. We did manage to have some fun on Sundays in between my multiple group meetings. We enjoyed exploring new neighborhoods by foot and spent one rainy Sunday using a Groupon at Kringler's European Bakery and Cafe. My Mom's love of Nutella influenced my breakfast choice of Nutella Blintzes with Bananas. That is right... homemade crepes filled with Nutella. Yum!
April 18 was quite a significant day for us as busy season ended, and I completed my last ever presentation for the MBA program. On April 25 I attended my last class ever and walked out of the UAB Business School for the last time as an MBA student. As time consuming as it was, I really enjoyed my life as a grad student and learned a whole lot in the process.
To celebrate I took two days off of work to devote to shopping and laundry. Ann Taylor Loft is my new go to store. Following these two days, JP and I headed down to the beach (I wish I could express the way JP says "the beach" through writing but I can't) where we stayed in a cute cottage and ate very good food.
Once we returned from the beach it seems like so much has happened personally and in the news.
Monday April 25: Last Class
Tuesday April 26: JP surprised me the night after my last class and took me to GianMarco's, a place we have been meaning to go to for four years, for a wonderful three course meal. Here we are after our meal.
Wednesday April 27: Approximately 211 tornadoes swept across the Southeast including a large part of Alabama. The Birmingham area was directly impacted as was Tuscaloosa and the Huntsville/Decatur area (where I am from) with many areas being completely destroyed. This day alone was the deadliest single day for tornadoes since March 18, 1925. Although the storms did not directly cause any major issues for us, we have been able to see the results and know many who were significantly impacted.
Thursday April 28: Our home group attended the Birmingham Baron's game. We questioned whether or not we should attend due to the previous days occurence, but after discussion we decided since that was our normal meeting night, we had already planned to go, and there was no form of help we could have been providing at that time we would continue with our plans. JP and I did go through some heavy storm damage on our way there.
Friday April 29: These two people got married...
...and a lot of people watched (ok a lot is an understatement).
Saturday April 30: JP assisted in the move of a 2,000 lb letterpress.
Sunday May 1: Late that night (I didn't find out until the next morning), it was reported that the man responsible for the September 11 attacks was killed by in Pakistan by US Navy Seals. Of course, there are already conspiracy theories being developed regarding this situation.
So with the tornadoes, the wedding, and the bin Laden death the news stations have been having a heyday.
As for us, we are getting used to actually having time to do something besides work or school. (Although JP will be taking some Masters of Accounting classes in May and June). So, hopefully there will be some blog worthy material, and you will not have to go 50 days before you see something besides this post!


No comments:
Post a Comment