As usual we started the day off with our free breakfast. When then headed to the subway where we rode the PathTrain under the Hudson River...
Hoboken was totally different than NYC.

Although about 250,000 people live there it seemed like a small town in comparison. Because we were there during the day, it was really dead since most people that live there work in the city. The playgrounds, however, were packed full of kids. You could tell that all the kids were with nannies because you would have a child of one ethnicity being pushed in a stroller by a lady of a completely different ethnicity.
While walking through one of these crowded parks, Michael spotted this bench. I was quite surprised to see this in the state of New Jersey.
This is us in one of the parks...

The whole reason we went to Hoboken was not so I could check another state of my list of "States Megan Has Been To" but because this is where Matt works. He is basically the fundraising coordinator for a private Chrisitan school.
We checked out the school... and his office.
We then headed to the waterfront park.
The view of New York City was amazing!
While at the park Michael taught me a lot about photography. I learned how to make the background blurry. This was my best shot...
Although about 250,000 people live there it seemed like a small town in comparison. Because we were there during the day, it was really dead since most people that live there work in the city. The playgrounds, however, were packed full of kids. You could tell that all the kids were with nannies because you would have a child of one ethnicity being pushed in a stroller by a lady of a completely different ethnicity.
While walking through one of these crowded parks, Michael spotted this bench. I was quite surprised to see this in the state of New Jersey.
The whole reason we went to Hoboken was not so I could check another state of my list of "States Megan Has Been To" but because this is where Matt works. He is basically the fundraising coordinator for a private Chrisitan school.
We checked out the school... and his office.
While at the park Michael taught me a lot about photography. I learned how to make the background blurry. This was my best shot...
After the park we hopped back on the PathTrain and headed back to Manhattan where we grabbed lunch and ate in The Kings College lounge area in the Empire State Building.
After lunch we hailed a cab... (I wasn't very good at that game)...

...and had them take us to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (aka The Met, aka massive museum). I liked the MET better than the MoMA. I have now seen the first painting of Michaelangelo so my life is now complete.
So, after walking about 10 miles around the MET it was definitely time for dinner. We hit up this really good Thai place called Jasmine. Matt's friend came and ate with us. It was quite fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment