Amanda and I were talking the other day and discovered that we both would like to run in a half marathon some day. So... we decided why not now! If we are going to run in a marathon though, we do not want to do it in Dallas, Birmingham, Nashville, or Atlanta because that just isn't as exciting because everyone does one of those. We looked at Disney World but the half marathon was full and we aren't up for a full marathon! After looking at Denver and San Diego we finally decided on Phoenix, mainly because we actually know people there... JP's parents. So, we are going to run in the P.F. Chang's Rock n Roll Arizona 1/2 Marathon in Phoenix on January 17, 2010!
What does this mean? It means we have got a lot to do! Neither one of us runs so we are basically starting from scratch. Even though she is in Dallas and I'm in Birmingham we will still be each others accountability and encouragement.
Besides just running we figure we need to do other things to get in shape. So, Amanda started doing a DVD that I also purchased.

Why this video? Because, Amanda is obsessed with The Biggest Loser (in case you don't watch Jillian is one of the trainers on the show). I just did the video for the first time and it really is good! There are three different levels so hopefully by the end of the summer we will be able to successfully do level three!
I have found it is not too hard to make myself run when I have something motivating me... so on January 17 you better belief I'll be running 13.1 miles!
No comments:
Post a Comment